Storms Season is Coming Albuquerque!
If a storm is coming, you should always be prepared. Although violent storms can strike anytime, the spring and summer months typically mark an increase in the threat of sudden, severe storms that sometimes include wind, rain, lighting and even hail.
Authorities issue a storm 'watch' when the potential for severe weather exists. A storm 'warning' will be issued when danger from a severe storm is imminent. The following tips will help prepare you to better protect yourself and your property when a storm is on the horizon.
- Put a communication plan in place and prepare an emergency supply kit, including a battery-powered NOAA weather radio.
- Postpone outdoor activities; secure outdoor objects that could become airborne.
- Don't use corded phones or any appliances that are "plugged in." Use cell or cordless phones instead.
- Seek shelter in a home, building or hard top automobile. The steel frame of a vehicle (not the rubber ties) can help protect you from a lightning strike if you avoid touching metal or other conductive surfaces.
- Avoid windows and doors, don't rely on concrete walls, and stay off of porches.
- If you are outside when a storm hits, quickly seek shelter in a sturdy building. Avoid small, isolated structures in open areas and steer clear of hilltops, open fields, the beach or a boat on the water.
After A Storm
- Avoid storm-damaged areas. Stay away from downed power lines and never try to drive through a flooded roadway.
- Replenish your emergency supplies and repair property damage promptly, before the next storm strikes.
Having a company that can coordinate the whole process from start to finish to make your life easier and gets you back in your home or business faster. “Like it never even happened.”®
If you would like more information on hiring a team experienced in Storm Damage Restoration Call SERVPRO® of South Albuquerque Today at (505) 345-4700