Commercial Storm/Flood Damage Restoration
SERVPRO Can Restore Your Flood/Storm Damaged Commercial Property
Although commercial business owners grapple with property issues as part of doing business, dealing with flood damage can be particularly problematic. In addition to necessitating extensive structural damage repair work, flood damage can destroy inventory, stock, supplies, office furniture, documents and electronic equipment. Add to this list potential health issues arising from contaminated water intrusion and possible mold proliferation. SERVPRO suggest the following article may help mitigate water damage to your business facility.
Ramifications of Water Damage Caused by Storm Surges
In many cases, flood damage results from the effects of a storm. There are several types of water damage that can result from storm surges. Some of them include:
• Building displacement or damage
• Mold growth in commercial properties within walls or HVAC systems
• Damage to coastal rail lines, highways, or roads resulting in less accessibility for transportation
• Loss of business, closed doors means lost commercial cash flow, less rent, and loss of customer traffic
• Port closures in Miami area can affect tourist business, stifling of imported products for sale
• Damage to property including contamination from flood watercontaining contaminants to sewage backup
How To Save On Flood Damage Restoration. Have a flood insurance program. Also, by purchasing business interruption insurance, you can gain reimbursement for a claim and lessen the impact of no revenue stream and thus lower your total costs. SERVPRO is recognized as a preferred vendor by many insurance and management companies. We can help speed the process of water damage restoration. The best way to reduce or prevent damages generated by storm surges is to implement strategies before the onset of hurricane season. Here are some strategies you should implement:
• Build higher. If you own your commercial building, consider the value of finding the property's base flood elevation and building above it. Hire a structural engineer to offer a plan to reinforce your commercial property.
• Place valuables higher. If your building contains more than one floor, be sure to move valuable assets, technical equipment, and computers to the second floor.
• Invest in preventative installations. Be sure to install some back-flow valves in the property's sewer lines. These valves will prevent city sewage from flowing into your property in the event of a storm surge. Have available access to water surge barricading materials such as sandbags. Also, be sure to elevate electrical systems such as extension cords above the region's flood level. You can also utilize cinder blocks to raise your appliances and most valuable assets above anticipated flood levels.
• Select fast-drying material. Carpeting and wet drywall are susceptible to damage from mold. These porous-surfaced building materials normally require discarding after flooding due to contaminants and mold growth. Build or replace with stone products, tile and noncardboard backed gypsum materials.
• Purchase hurricane shutters.
Call SERVPRO Now! To ensure that your Miami commercial property can withstand water damage resulting from floods, be sure to implement the strategies outlined above. Post flooding, the most urgent action is to extract the standing water from the premises. Our company has the equipment, training, and expertise to dry out your building, repair material damage, clean, and sanitize your business. Our IICRC-certified professionals are skilled in thoroughly restoring your property to its previous safe, sanitary condition. "Like it never even happened." Let's get you open for business.
Commercial Restoration Presents Unique Challenges
SERVPRO of South Albuquerque has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial water damage or storm emergencies. Regardless of your property type or size, we will respond quickly to clean the property and manage the restoration project through to its completion. Call us for 24/7 support. (505) 345-4700.