Selecting a Restoration Company
For some communities, there are several options when it comes to selecting a restoration company. It seems as simple as going to Google and picking the first one that comes up on the search. However, just because it is first, does not always mean that it is the best company for you. Understanding that it can be challenging to decide who to go with when a disaster hits, so preparing for the unexpected is often best.
Here are some tips when it comes to choosing the right restoration company for you, whether you have time to plan, or during a disaster.
- Call your insurance company to see if they have a preferred company
- Ask your friends if they have had to call someone out before
- Look at reviews
- Look to see what certifications and affiliations are listed on the company website
For commercial buildings:
- When calling a restoration company ask them what other commercial clients they have
- Ask for references
- Find out what their process is
- See if they can handle all services needed
It is always best to have a plan, so when disaster strikes, you can feel more at ease knowing you were prepared. Check out our blog on Emergency Ready Plans for more information on preparedness.